New York State’s Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, a Democrat, on Monday morning issued a cease and desist order to the Donald J. Trump Foundation to stop the organization’s soliciting contributions. The allegation against Trump’s operation is that his charity “lacked the proper authorization to seek public donations.” However, despite allegations of fraud and money laundering at Bill and Hillary Clinton’s own foundation, there are no pending investigations in New York or at the federal level.
“The Attorney General’s office is the sole regulator of charities in New York State, and when evidence of clear misconduct is brought to our attention, we take action,” a spokesman for the attorney general’s office said in a statement.
While Schneiderman issued the “Notice of Violation” letter on Friday, he warned on Monday that the charity “shall be deemed a continuing fraud upon the people of New York” unless it provided required paperwork regarding its fundraising activities within the next 15 days.
“It’s amazing that few, if any, in the news media are treating this legal action for what it is: use of the criminal justice system to ‘put stink’ on an honest campaign. Funny how little the media reported on the Clinton Foundation spending less than 15% on actual charity work, although both Bill and Hillary are always taking bows for their supposed charity work,” said a former police detective and intelligence operative Joel Egransky.
This latest legal action comes after the anti-Trump news media claimed last week that the campaign lacked a required state certification that would allow it to request contributions from the public. Trump organized a veterans event after canceling a Fox News Channel primary debate in January and collected $1.67 million through a website directing donations to the Trump Foundation. The WaPo failed to mention all the money raised went to help military veterans.
The Trump campaign on its website had previously denounced Schneiderman, a Democratic Party stalwart who is supporting Hillary Clinton for president. The campaign described him as being a “partisan hack.”
“While we remain very concerned about the political motives behind AG Schneiderman’s investigation, the Trump Foundation nevertheless intends to cooperate fully with the investigation,” Trump campaign said in a press statement released on Monday. “Because this is an ongoing legal matter, the Trump Foundation will not comment further at this time.”
Meanwhile, last year, a former Department of Justice prosecutor, now heading a public-interest watchdog group, filed a RICO-related lawsuit against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former President Bill Clinton and their lucrative family foundation. The lawsuit filed on March 24 before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida alleges that the Clintons and their foundation committed criminal violations under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
The attorney, Larry Klayman, reported that the RICO (Racketeering Influenced Criminal Organizations Act) lawsuit accuses the Clintons of engaging in a criminal enterprise during the last 10 years with the goal of enriching themselves personally.
Klayman alleges that the Clinton family — through mail and wire fraud, and various fraudulent statements — misappropriated government documents to which Klayman and his group Freedom Watch were lawfully entitled to receive and possess under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Also, claims he is entitled to Mrs. Clinton’s and her underling’s records linked to the “granting of waivers for persons, companies, countries and other interests to do business with Iran. In essence, the allegation is that Hillary Clinton knowingly undermined U.S. economic sanctions on the terrorist-sponsoring, nuclear-weapons-seeking nation of Iran to enrich herself and her high-priced speaker husband.
Klayman alleges that these acts are the result of the Clintons and their foundation’s “selling government influence in exchange for bribes from interests which have donated to The Clinton Foundation.” It’s also alleged that the Clintons were paid exorbitant speaking fees and money was transferred to them by other means.
Both the federal Attorney General and New York State’s Attorney General have shown any interest in conducting even a semblance of an investigation of the Clinton Foundation despite mounting evidence of wrongdoing, according to law enforcement officials who spoke to Conservative Base.