The Democrats led by Reps. Adam Schiff, Jerry Adler and Nancy Pelosi continued their obsessive push to impeach President Donald Trump, this time over his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
As of this date, there is no evidence that the president broke the law, acted unethically or committed anything close to being an impeachable offense. Having failed to make a case against Trump with a bogus Trump-Russia conspiracy, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff is still determined to impeach Trump in the Democratic-controlled House using gossip, inuendo, opinion, and fake documents.
But according to former Secret Service special agent and New York City police officer Dan Bongino (Bongino.com), “A burst of fundraising is the positive consequence Pelosi likely did not anticipate while leading the impeachment brigade. Trump and the Republican National Committee announced ‘they had raised $125 million in reelection funds during the third quarter, a presidential fundraising record.’” The President’s total haul to over $308 million for 2019, according to news reports.
Yesterday, the day before Rep. Jerry Adler (D-New York) and his Judiciary Committee started yet another round of anti-Trump hearings, a top non-profit watchdog announced it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
The FOIA lawsuit demands the communications records of Michael K. Atkinson – former Assistant Attorney General in DOJ’s National Security Division (NSD) from 2016 to 2018 and currently Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) – regarding Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Anthony Weiner, the Twenty-Fifth Amendment and/or presidential impeachment; and for all emails and text messages with Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) and members of Schiff’s staff.
The suit was filed after the Justice Department failed to respond to an October 1, 2019, FOIA request (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:19-cv-03566)). Judicial Watch seeks:
- All emails (whether on .gov or non-.gov email accounts) and text messages sent to or from former Senior Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General Michael K. Atkinson regarding Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Anthony Weiner, the Twenty-Fifth Amendment, and/or presidential impeachment.
- All emails and text messages between former Senior Counsel Atkinson and Representative Adam Schiff or any member of Mr. Schiff’s staff.
- All travel requests, travel authorizations and expense reports of former Senior Counsel Atkinson.
- All calendar entries of former Senior Counsel Atkinson.
- All SF50s and SF52s of former Senior Counsel Atkinson.
Rep. Adam Schiff has yet to release Atkinson’s testimony.
“Mr. Atkinson has been a key Deep State official involved with questionable and abusive investigations of President Trump,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “As Adam Schiff keeps Atkinson’s testimony on the impeachment attack on President Trump secret, Judicial Watch goes to court for transparency under the law.”