The nationwide need for some type of security effort on the part of local churches is a well-established fact in today’s culture. Instead of rehashing the stories of past tragedies, this conference will give attendees a greater understanding of how to address critical church security issues, staff a volunteer church security team and train for emergency contingencies small and large.
The upcoming seminar is appropriately named “The Three Strands of Church Security.” This 1-day conference, presented by the National Organization of Church Security & Safety Management , is being held at New Life Church, Colorado Springs, CO on June 9, 2018. The emphasis will be to help church leaders address critical security issues faced by all churches.
Attendees will also be able to download a free Security Policies and Procedures Framework to get them started on their first steps toward developing and deploying a church security program.
The speakers for this seminar will be two of the most respected names in church security:
Chuck Chadwick – Chuck was the past security director of several mega-churches, but now Chuck guides churches of all sizes toward solutions that address all security concerns. As the president of NOCSSM for over a decade, Chuck leads churches in the practical aspects of combating violent incidents. Chuck is also the president of Gatekeepers Security Services, LLC which has and is training and certifying volunteer church security teams for over a decade.
- This is not a seminar where the participants will learn how to RUN, HIDE, dial 911 and throw chairs and fire extinguishers.
- This is not a seminar where the participants will hear story after story of past incidents to convince the churches to do something. We assume that your presence at the seminar means you don’t need convincing.
- This conference is for attendees who want a structured, tried and true solution on how to meet the requirements of having a security team that can directly address current security issues and transition control to first responders as they arrive.
Session topics include:
- Getting Started – How to get a Security Ministry started at your church?
- Assembling and training your Church Security Team
- Emergency preparedness – Active Shooters, Emergency planning, Evacuations
- Offering Security, Background Checks, effective emergency communications.
- How to protect your Pastor, church staff and congregation during services and throughout the week.
- Terrorism – What should your church really be concerned about?
- Handling Disruptive/Exceptional Persons
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Technology – What measures are the most effective – Burglary, Fire, Access Control and Video Surveillance systems.